Friday, April 5, 2013

Texas Road Trip 2013 : Chris McDaniel and Friends


Traveling to Texas in March of 2013 I brought along a SONY PCM-D50 in an attempt to record some of the many sights and sounds of this epic trip. We began traveling West following the old original Route 80 to our destination, Big Bend National Park. Our return trip was more direct.
Had I read the manual for the PCM-D50, prior to using it I would have solved a lot of problems, most notably the lack of a wind screen, which ruined a couple of otherwise great and unusual recordings.
A total of six plus hours of recording is a lot to handle so I’m posting them as I get to them, very slowly. My apologies to all of the musicians that were hoping to hear their recordings by mid-April as I had promised.

These recordings will be posted in no particular order.




So, here is my first Texas Road Trip 2013 post featuring Chris McDaniel and Friends
“(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man”, a blues standard written by Willie Dixon and first recorded by Muddy Waters in 1954 in Chicago.


Recorded on March 26, 2013 at  Mr. Handy's Blues Hall, 182 Beale Street, Memphis, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment